At GM Financial, keeping your information secure is important to us. We are committed to
safeguarding your data. All information gathered from you in connection with using this site
If you are the victim of identity theft regarding a GM Financial account and wish to
request an investigation, please review GM Financial's
Fraud Investigation Process.
How GM Financial Secures Your Online Information
Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Encryption
- SSL technology enables us to protect sensitive information, including your name,
address, telephone number, Social Security Number and income information before it is
transmitted over the Internet. This ensures that no one will be able to read this
information before it reaches our server.
- We employ timely backups of all information on our site. Timely, consistent
checks with log files ensure that no one is manipulating any information you have
provided to us.
- We use sophisticated intrusion detection software. We monitor every visitor to
our website as a measure against malicious intrusion. We want our users to feel
completely safe and secure while visiting our website.
Tips for Securing Your Online Information
- Keep your password and User ID in a safe place.
- Select a password between six and ten characters, containing both numbers and
letters. The more complicated your password, the more difficult it is for others to
- Use the logout button when you exit the Web site. Although GM Financial logs
you off automatically after a certain time of inactivity, we recommend you use the
logout button before closing your browser. This prevents any further activity from
taking place after you have left the site.
- Upon discovery of any unauthorized access, notify us immediately. Should you
ever discover that someone has accessed your account without your permission, please
contact us immediately.
If you ever have any questions regarding security information at gmfinancial.ca,
please feel free to email
or call 1-800-284-2271.