[View in Français]
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- Timing: The MyAccount Sweepstakes (the “Contest”) begins 9:00 a.m. Central Time (“CT”) on September 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on November 30, 2023 (the “Contest Period”). The Contest Period will consist of three (3) entry periods (each a “Contest Entry Period”) as outlined in the chart below. Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
Contest Entry Period
Start Date (at 12:00 a.m. CT unless otherwise specified)
End Date (at 11:59 p.m. CT)
Approximate Drawing Date:
September 1, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. CT
September 30, 2023
October 5, 2023
October 1, 2023
October 31, 2023
November 3, 2023
November 1, 2023
November 30, 2023
December 5, 2023
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada who are nineteen (19) years of age or older at time of entry who are customers of General Motors Financial of Canada, Ltd. or GM Financial Canada Leasing, Ltd. and who do not yet have a MyAccount before the start of the Contest Period. Employees of General Motors Financial of Canada, Ltd. (the “Sponsor”), their respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, suppliers, distributors and advertising, promotional and judging agencies, including Realtime Media LLC (“Administrator”) and their immediate family members (spouses, parents, children, and siblings and their spouses) and/or household members of each (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate or win. Void outside Canada and where prohibited by law. All provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws and regulations apply.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, if you receive a mailer insert inviting you to sign up for a new MyAccount, visit www.gmfinancial.ca/MyAccountEnroll (the “Website”) and sign up for one. As part of the sign-up process, you will provide your account number, date of birth, email address and create a password. Once you have completed these steps, you will receive one (1) entry into the Contest for the applicable Contest Entry Period.
Limit: One (1) entry per person during the entire Contest Period.
- Winner Selection: A total of one hundred twenty (120) potential winners will be selected (forty (40) per Contest Entry Period) on the drawing dates set forth in the table above at about 12:00 p.m. Eastern Time, from among all eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Entry Period. The drawings will be conducted by Realtime Media LLC (at their offices in West Conshohocken, PA, 19428, USA), an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters relating to the Contest. Odds of winning are dependent upon the total number of eligible entries received during the applicable Contest Entry Period. Non-winning entries will not carry over into subsequent drawings.
- Winner Notification/Prize Redemption: Potential winners will be notified by email on or about the day after the applicable drawing. To be declared a winner, each potential winner must first complete and submit a written Declaration and Release Form (“Declaration”) confirming compliance with the Official Rules and also correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by email, all within five (5) business days of notification. If Sponsor in unable to reach a potential winner after three (3) attempts, if notification or the Declaration is returned as undeliverable, or if potential winner fails to complete and return the Declaration within the required time period or otherwise does not meet all Contest conditions, potential winner will forfeit the prize and an alternate winner may be selected, up to three (3) alternates, after which the applicable prize will remain un-awarded. No more than the stated prizes will be awarded. If, for any reason, more prize notifications are sent (or more claims are received) than the number of prizes offered, as set forth in these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right to award the intended number of prizes through a random drawing from among all eligible prize claims received. In the event that the Contest cannot continue as planned, winners will be selected by random drawing from among all eligible entries received before the issue arose. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. No correspondence pertaining to this Contest will be entered into except with potential winners. Prizes will be awarded and delivered to the confirmed winners by the Administrator within four (4) to six (6) weeks after the end of the applicable Contest Entry Period.
- Prizes: There are a total of one hundred twenty (120) prizes available to be won, each prize consisting of one (1) $50 MasterCard gift card, terms and conditions apply. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each prize is $50 CAD. The prize must be accepted as awarded. No transfer, substitution, refund or cash equivalent for the prize will be permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor and in such circumstance, an alternate prize of equal value (as determined solely by Sponsor) will be awarded, the Sponsor’s obligation to the winner will be fulfilled, and no other additional compensation will be provided.
Limit one (1) prize per person.
The Total ARV of all prizes in this Contest is: $6,000 CAD.
- General Rules: By participating in the Contest, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and/or Administrator which are final and binding in all respects. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest materials and the terms and conditions of the Official Rules, the Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. The Sponsor accepts no liability for printing errors on material(s) distributed for this Contest nor will any responsibility be taken for lost, late, illegible, postage-due mailed entries or for technical, hardware, software or telephone malfunctions of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the user or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the website or the Contest or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the entries in the Contest or for any liability for damage to any computer system resulting from participation in, accessing or downloading information in connection with the website or Contest. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder of the email address provided at time of entry. Proof of entering information via the Website does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt of such information. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure of any entry to be received by Sponsor due to technical problems or congestion on the internet or at any website or delay due to postal services. The Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual that tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website; violates the Official Rules; or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest or website may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. If, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, then the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel the Contest, in whole or in part, a notice will be posted online and random drawings to award the Prizes will be conducted from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation. In no event will the Sponsor be liable for more than the number of prizes stated as available to be won in these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest or disqualify entrant if fraud, misconduct, or technical failures destroy the integrity of the Contest as determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
- Release: Without limiting any other provisions of these Official Rules, by accepting a prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, its agencies, suppliers, and each party’s respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims or cause of action including but not limited to any injury, loss, cost or damages of any kind to persons, including death and property, damages sustained due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entry creation, the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of a prize or parts thereof, if applicable or participation in the Contest or participation in any Contest or related activity. By entering the Contest, you hereby represent and warrant that you have read these Official Rules and are fully familiar with the contents.
- Publicity: By accepting a prize, each winner agrees to be governed by these rules, and, if requested, agrees to have his/her name and address (city and province only) in a winners’ list. Each winner further agrees to allow the Sponsor to use his/her name, address (city and province only) and photograph in perpetuity without compensation for advertising or other purposes worldwide, in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, including the Internet, without compensation related to this Contest.
- Governing Law: All issues concerning this Contest shall be dealt with in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario. You agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the province of Ontario; (b) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event lawyer’s fees; and (c) notwithstanding the foregoing, you waive the right to claim any damages, whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct or indirect damages. For residents of Quebec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Winners’ List: To receive a Winners List by email, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with MyAccount Sweepstakes as the subject line. Requests must be received by January 3, 2024.
- Sponsor/Administrator: The Sponsor of the Contest is General Motors Financial of Canada, Ltd.,
2001 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 600, Toronto, ON, M2J 4Z8 CA. The Administrator of the Contest is Realtime Media LLC, 1001 Conshohocken State Road, STE 2-100, West Conshohocken, PA, 19428, USA.
Minimum Disclosure (to appear on website and on any advertising):
*NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.Open only to legal residents of Canada who are 19 years of age or older at time of entry who are customers of General Motors Financial of Canada, Ltd. or GM Financial Canada Leasing, Ltd. and who do not yet have a MyAccount before the start of the Contest Period. Void outside Canada and where prohibited. The MyAccount Sweepstakes (“Contest”) begins at 9:00 a.m. CT on 09/01/23 & ends at 11:59 p.m. CT on 11/30/23. 120 prizes available to be won (40 per Contest Entry Period), each consisting of a $50 MasterCard gift card, t&cs apply, with an ARV of $50 CAD. Mathematical skill-testing question required. Odds of winning depend on total number of eligible entries received per Contest Entry Period. Visit https://www.gmfinancial.ca/en-ca/sweepstakes/MyAccount/rules.html for full Official Rules. Sponsor: General Motors Financial of Canada, Ltd., 2001 Sheppard Avenue East, Suite 600, Toronto, ON, M2J 4Z8 CA