If you have a closed-end lease (The Right Lease), you have the option to:
- Trade in the vehicle for a new model
- Purchase the vehicle for your continued use
- Purchase the vehicle and sell it
- Drop off the keys and turn in the vehicle
If you have an open-ended lease (The Right TRAC), you have the option to:
- Purchase the vehicle for the agreed-upon terminal value
- Trade in the vehicle
- Allow GM Financial to sell the vehicle while you keep any surplus (or owe any shortage)
The GM dealership where you got your vehicle is also an excellent source for information regarding your end-of-lease options. They can also answer questions about the process for returning your vehicle, the inspection required, excess mileage concerns and final invoices.
Learn more about the end of lease process.